The new AERE website at http://www.aere.org/ offers up-to-date information about conferences, job opportunities, and all AERE news, as well as improved functionality!
The site will be your portal for:
- Access to every issue of JAERE and REEP and the AERE Newsletter;
- Registration for AERE events;
- Abstract submission for the AERE Summer Conference;
- Abstract submission for the five regional and national meetings at which AERE sponsors sessions each year;
- Announcements for conferences and jobs; and
- Information on how to nominate someone for AERE honors and awards.
The site will enable all in the organization to communicate more efficiently and seamlessly about opportunities in environmental and natural resource economics. Tthe online payment system will make membership payment and registering for events much easier
Click here for the newly designed website's homepage.
Upcoming AERE events include:
- AERE sessions and luncheon at the 2017 ASSA meeting in Chicago. Steve Polasky of the University of Minnesota will be giving the AERE Fellows Talk at the luncheon on January 7th. Reservation deadline is December 21st
- The AERE Summer Conference in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania (May 31-June 2, 2017). The Call for Papers will open on December 1st and close on January 18, 2017;
- AERE sessions at a variety of national and regional meetings.
See the November AERE Newsletter for details on all these events.
To join AERE go to: https://aere.memberclicks.net/membership
Membership in AERE includes:
- Free online subscription to the Journal of the Association of Environmental and Resource Economists (JAERE);
- Electronic subscription to the Review of Environmental Economics and Policy (REEP), which provides easily accessible yet scholarly thinking on environmental economics and related policy;
- A 20 percent discount on books from Oxford University Press;
- The bi-annual AERE Newsletter, an excellent source of information about workshops, conferences, job and fellowship offerings, etc.;
- Discounted membership options with our European counterpart EAERE;
- The difficult to quantify but substantial benefit of belonging to a group of professionals who are just like you.
Over the past ten years the Board has expanded the annual workshop from 60 attendees to an annual workshop and conference for over 300 and established a new journal
Reduced rates are available to members who are residents in low, lower-middle, and upper-middle income nations as defined by the World Bank. Institutional memberships with additional benefits are available.
Click here for the new, easy, secure on-line payment page